Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Currently Coveting: Spring Essentials

Currently Coveting

Hi lovelies! I've decided to start a (new) blog, and with April right around the corner, what more fitting than a spring essentials shout out as my first post?

I've been making my summer plans, and it looks like I'll be staying in the city to take summer classes (yikes) and possibly continue interning (double yikes). While it all feels a bit overwhelming right now, thinking about basking in the summer sun ala iced coffee in hand is making it just a little bit more desirable. And we all know that a new season means a new wardrobe, so if I could buy anything right now it would be said items above (and yes, the dark chocolate is essential to surviving a few more months of unpaid labor).


1) A bucket bag, aka the next big accessory on the market and a slap in the face to the tote bag. This cute lil guy holds practically everything (except a laptop -- I'll give my tote bag that one), and it's a reformed model of the cross-body bags that have become trite since the clock struck 2014. I nearly screamed when I saw that yes, Old Navy of all places, was selling this bag for only 33 bucks.

2) Mom jean shorts. Because they're trendier than the average high-waisted shorts that make your butt hang out and your gut suffocate. I, being the 44-year-old mom by soul that I am, imagine these as being adorably comfortable. However, considering they're made by Rag & Bone (and therefore crazy expensive) I will be saving up for these until the day I can walk into Scoop NYC and purchase them.

3) Catbird NYC Rings --> I've been saying that I will hop a train to Brooklyn and get these, but I have yet to find the time. Although I have to admit, I dream of these every. single. night. because I imagine my long and lanky fingers would be best accessorized with stacks on stacks.

4) Silky camis are my go-to for spring and summer tops. They're light, breezy, and always look polished no matter what you wear with them. This one is from Dorthy Perkins (and only $28!).

5) I will never in a million years own these Valentino Espadrilles because I am a broke college student, but when I saw them on Elle.com, I nearly drooled on my iPhone. Unrequited shoe love is definitely the worst of loves. Sigh.

6) Because dark chocolate is an essential for any season, really. (And I just happen to really love when it's organic and gourmet, of course).

What are your spring essentials? Let me know in the comments below!






No comments:

Post a Comment