Sunday, March 23, 2014

More Pastels, Pretty Please

I spent my spring break doing three things: netflixing, baking, and yes, prepping my warm weather wardrobe. Back in Pennsylvania, this past Saturday (aka, yesterday) reached a record breaking 64 degrees, and it was glorious. My mother treated me to a spa day complete with mani, pedis, massages, and lunch served to us right at the salon. Needless to say I left relaxed and ready to shop. I stocked up on skirts, shorts, and even purchased the infamously stylish child of the two, a skort (one of my braver fashion moves).

The trend I'm hooked on? Pastels. Baby blues, rose pinks, washed-out yellow. I got it all. Between online shopping and hitting up Soho today, I can't wait to share this beautiful haul with you.




Pastel

Everything in this picture was purchased online (minus all of the makeup, which I already own). I discovered a website called Unidays which gives up to 30% discounts on major online retailers to college students, and I highly recommend it. All you have to do is input your student email address, and you save money on sites like ASOS (my absolute favorite e-commerce), Missguided, Motel Rocks, Ann Taylor, and even Apple. Needless to say I put this use to ASAP and purchased the above pink midi skirt and peachy embellished jumpsuit from ASOS. Obviously I needed a matching top (hence the rigged yellow jumper) and sandals, so I followed through with Topshop. Unfortunately, those additional luxuries were full priced (sad face), but totally worth it.

When the sun hits the sky, I plan on pairing these outfits with my favorite Mac nude lipstick, beige Marc Jacobs nail polish (color: Baby Jane), and a light blush for a quintessential summer look.

I also purchased a necklace from the store I work at back at home, Van Heusen. I'll admit that I normally do not find anything in that store to be of my taste (it's all adult business attire), but recently their jewelry has taken a turn for a Kate Spade vibe. I'll probably end up wearing this gem a lot (see picture below) -- the soft colors practically match with anything, and it dresses up a plain shirt well.


And this week's nail color? Appropriately a powder blue (as seen with my ruffled pj shorts, because why not?!)



And lastly, I purchased a pair of heeled sandals at C Wonder that I'm absolutely obsessed with. However, they're not pastel-colored, so perhaps I'll share them with you in a later post :) hehe.

Happy official spring everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment